As part of the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP), hospices will be required to participate in the Hospice CAHPS Survey starting in 2015. PRC has been approved by CMS as a Hospice CAHPS survey vendor.
In this webcast, PRC CAHPS expert Jan Gnida addresses HQRP reporting requirements, how to initiate data collection and how to report the data.
Here is a checklist of things you need to know about the CAHPS survey these hospices must complete:
• To allow caregivers to grieve the loss of their loved ones, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) incorporated a two-month delay into the survey process. The experts and stakeholders that CMS consulted confirmed that a two-month delay in data collection would be appropriate.
• CMS requires hospices to use a certified vendor, like PRC. Neither facilities nor agencies can administer the survey on their own.
• After you select a vendor, you must notify CMS by delivering a signed and notarized paper form to the RAND Corporation no later than May 1, 2015.
• If you choose PRC, you will need to contact us no later than Jan. 31, 2015, and tell us which month of the dry run quarter--January, February or March of 2015--that you want us to conduct your survey.
• We will begin contacting caregivers whose loved ones died in January 2015 in April.
• Records from February will go to our specially trained interviewers in May.
• March marks the final month of the dry run quarter, and those interviews will begin in June and end by mid-July.
• Data will be submitted to CMS in late July and early August, ahead of the Aug. 12 deadline.
• PRC will submit only one month of your data, but you will be able to view all of the data collected on the PRC EasyView®
To learn more, check out our Hospice CAHPS Webcast Summary.
Questions about this webcast? Please email Jan Gnida.